Before you file an Amendment to the Articles of Incorporation with the Secretary of State you have a couple things to consider:

• You will need signed Special Meeting Minutes and a Resolution in your book reflecting that the Board met and voted in favor of the Amendment.

• If you are changing the name of your corporation you will need to then update your corporate record book. You will need the new name on the book, the stock certificates & corporate seal.

You will also need to notify your bank, vendors and customers of the new name.

• If you are changing the amount or par value of the corporations stock you will need to replace and reissue stock certificates reflecting the current amount of stock/par value.

As always, record keeping is the life of your corporation. Any changes in the corporation need to be documented with a meeting, vote, minutes and a resolution. All need to be signed and placed in your corporate book behind the “Minutes” tab along with all your Annual Minutes in chronological order.

Should you need assistance with filing an Amendment or obtaining replacement stock certificates, etc. give us a call. We’ll be happy to help.

For more information, visit our website at Toll Free: (800) 891-5987 Outside the US: (307) 635-8700 Fax number:(307) 635-1300